1 large potato
30ml (2 tablesp) olive oil
1 onion, thickly sliced
250g (9oz) closed cup mushrooms, thickly sliced
4 medium eggs, beaten
Pinch salt and pepper
15ml (1 tablesp) flat leaved parsley, chopped
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Peel, boil and dice the potato.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the onion gently for 5 minutes.
- Move the onion to one side of the pan and fry the mushrooms briskly for 5 minutes until the moisture has evaporated. Add the diced potato and cook for 2 minutes, stirring in the onion.
- Season the beaten egg with salt, pepper and parsley then pour over the vegetables in the frying pan.
- Shake gently to distribute the egg mixture evenly, then cook very slowly for 5-6 minutes until beginning to set.
- Put an upturned plate on top of the frying pan and invert so that the omelette goes onto the plate. Slide the omelette back into the frying pan to cook the other side for 3 minutes.
- Cut into three wedges and serve with salad.