4 sheets filo pastry
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
3 x 75g (3oz) red onions, each cut into 12 wedges
15ml (1 tablesp) olive oil
60ml (4 tablesp) red pesto
2 x 125g packs oyster mushrooms, sliced
Juice of one lime
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Pre-heat oven Gas 6/200º C/400º F. .
2. Lay one sheet of filo pastry on the work surface and brush with egg white. Fold in half, then brush top with egg white. Fold in half again to give a rectangle approximately 20cm x 15cm (8” x 6”). Use to line the base and sides of a 10cm (4-inch) round loose-bottomed fluted flan tin, pressing pastry into flutes, then trim excess pastry.
3. Repeat with remaining filo pastry to line three more flan tins.
4. Bake in the oven for about 8 minutes.
5. Remove from flan tins, carefully brush outside with egg white, then return to oven, upside down on a baking sheet for 5 minutes, until golden brown.
6. Put onion wedges in a roasting tin, and then drizzle over the oil. Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
7. Stir in the red pesto and mushrooms. Return to the oven for 8-10 minutes.
8. Spoon mixture into the warm filo pastry cases. Drizzle with lime juice.