2 medium eggs, beaten
20ml (4 teasp) Worcestershire sauce
4 slices multigrain wholemeal bread
English or wholegrain mustard
90ml (6 tablesp) oil
15ml (1 tablesp) paprika pepper, optional
675g (1½ lb) closed cup mushrooms, halved
Prep and cooking: 10 minutes
1. Beat eggs and Worcestershire sauce together.
2. Spread one side of each slice of bread with some mustard, and then dip into egg mixture to coat both sides.
3. Heat 30ml (2 tablesp) oil in a saucepan, add paprika and mushrooms, cover and cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, heat half the remaining oil in a frying pan and cook 2 slices of eggy bread on both sides until golden brown. Keep warm, and then repeat using remaining oil and bread.
5. Serve with the cooked mushrooms.