Spray oil for frying
175g closed cup mushrooms, sliced
175g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
125ml semi-skimmed milk
50g butter, melted
1 large egg
1 tbsp chopped fresh sage leaves
3 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1.Heat a non-stick frying pan spray with oil then add the mushrooms and saute for 5 mins until soft. Leave to cool.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C/Fan 180C/400F/gas mark 6.
3. Arrange 6 paper cases in a muffin tray.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
5. Add the milk, butter, egg, mushrooms, sage and 2tbsp of the cheese lightly mix together.
6. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
7. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until well risen and golden.
8. Try one while it's still warm!