4 large portobello or large field mushrooms
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and ground black pepper
4 crusty ciabatta rolls
½ a small shredded lettuce
2 large sliced tomatoes
8 slices of streaky bacon
- Brush the mushrooms with olive oil and season, then cook over hot barbecue coals or a griddle pan for 8-10mins turning once until browned on both sides and tender when tested with a fork. Transfer to a plate, gill side down and leave for 5mins.
- Grill or fry the streaky bacon slices with a little oil until crispy and brown
- Toast the ciabatta rolls on the hot barbecue coals or under the grill.
- Fill the rolls with lettuce, tomato and top with the mushrooms and bacon.
- Finish off with a dollop of BBQ sauce, ketchup or mustard to suit your taste.