1 loaf of ciabatta bread cut into 12 slices
1 clove garlic, peeled and left whole
30ml (2 tablesp) olive oil
225g (8oz) open cup mushrooms, sliced
100g (4oz) horse mushrooms, halved
100g (4oz) blewit mushrooms, sliced
½ small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
100g (4oz) plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
100g (4oz) sun blush tomatoes, sliced
15g (½ oz) fresh basil, roughly torn
150g (5oz) mozzarella cheese, sliced
To drizzle - balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil
1. Toast the ciabatta bread on both sides and rub one side with the peeled clove of garlic.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the mushrooms together quickly until starting to soften, about 5 minutes.
3. Add onion and cook for a further minute.
4. Remove from the heat and add tomatoes and season to taste. Stir in most of the basil reserving some for garnish.
5. Spoon the mixture evenly on top of the toasted ciabatta.
6. Top with a piece of mozzarella and toast under the grill for a few seconds until the cheese begins to melt.
7. Place on a serving dish and drizzle over a little balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Serve immediately.