200ml (7fl oz) Carton créme fraîche
1 ripe avocado, peeled & stoned
15g (½oz) fresh mint, finely chopped
1 lime, juice only
90ml (6 tablesp) olive oil
6 large flat or portabello mushrooms, stalks trimmed & chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 red chilli, de-seeded & chopped
½ red pepper, de-seeded & chopped
10ml (2 teasp) cumin seeds
10ml (2 teasp) ground coriander
Good pinch of chilli powder
400g (14oz) can chickpeas
100 (4oz) canned sweetcorn
Make the dressing:
1. Place the créme fraîche in a bowl with the chopped avocado.
2. Using a potato masher, mash together until fairly smooth. Stir in the mint, lime juice and a pinch of salt.
3. Heat 75ml/5 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and fry the mushrooms on both sides until tender. Remove and keep warm.
4. Meanwhile in small pan, heat the remaining oil and fry the onion, red chilli, red pepper, chopped mushroom stalks and spices together for about 3 minutes.
5. Stir in the drained chickpeas and sweetcorn and continue to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring all the time, until heated through.
6. Fill each mushroom with the mixture and serve with the avocado dressing. Garnish with mint leaves and slices of lime. * Vegan: Use Soya yogurt.