2x 200g fillets smoked haddock
150ml semi-skimmed milk
knob of butter
75g brown closed cup mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp half fat crème fraîche
small bunch of chives, snipped
freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the fish in a non-stick frying pan season with a little freshly ground black pepper.
2. Pour in the milk, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and gently simmer for 6-8 minutes or until the fish has turned opaque.
3. Transfer the fish to a plate using a fish slice and keep warm; reserve the cooking juices.
4. Wipe out the pan, add the butter and mushrooms and saute for 2 mins until the mushrooms are golden. Add the cooking juices and crème fraîche, simmer for 2-3 minutes, until the sauce reduces and thickens slightly.
5. Arrange the fish on two warm plates, spoon over the sauce then scatter over the chives.
6. Serve with mashed potato and wilted spinach.