8 rashers back bacon
1 bag rocket or mixed salad leaves
1 Romaine lettuce, shredded
200g chestnut or closed cup mushrooms, sliced
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice or white wine vinegar
2 tsp wholegrain mustard
4 tbsp croutons
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Hard-boil the eggs for 8-10 minutes, then plunge them into cold water to cool them.
- While the eggs are cooling, grill the bacon rashers until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Mix together the rocket or salad leaves and Romaine lettuce and arrange on 4 large serving plates with the mushrooms and tomatoes. Shell the eggs and quarter them, then share between the plates.
- Make the dressing by mixing together the olive oil, lemon juice or vinegar and wholegrain mustard. Season.
- Sprinkle the dressing over the salads, then snip the bacon rashers over the top. Add the croutons, then serve.