Spray oil for frying
175g closed cup mushrooms, sliced
175g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
125ml semi-skimmed milk
50g butter, melted
1 large egg
1 tbsp chopped fresh sage leaves
3 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1.Heat a non-stick frying pan spray with oil then add the mushrooms and saute for 5 mins until soft. Leave to cool.
- 2. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C/Fan 180C/400F/gas mark 6.
- 3. Arrange 6 paper cases in a muffin tray.
- 4. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- 5. Add the milk, butter, egg, mushrooms, sage and 2tbsp of the cheese lightly mix together.
- 6. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
- 7. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until well risen and golden.
- 8. Try one while it's still warm!