For the base:
225g/8oz brown mushrooms, sliced
225g/8oz oyster mushrooms, torn
50g/2 oz butter
10ml/2tsp chopped parsley
10ml/2tsp lemon juice
For the pastry:
125g/4 oz ready-made puff pastry
10ml/2tsp vegetarian or vegan red pesto
5ml/1tsp tomato puree
20ml/4tsp ground almonds
25g/1 oz feta cheese, crumbled
Mixed steamed vegetables
1. Preheat the oven to 200º C, 400º F, Gas mark 6.
2. Line four 10cm / 4" tartlet containers (metal or glass) with foil and grease lightly.
3. For the base, sauté most of the mushrooms in the half the butter, until softened. Add parsley and lemon juice. Cook for a minute or two longer to dry out the mixture. Divide the mushrooms between the tartlet containers.
4. Roll the pastry out thinly – rather less than 0.3cm/1/8" thick. Cut into 8 circles a little larger than the top of the tartlet containers.
5. Mix the pesto with the tomato puree and spread this onto half the pastry circles leaving a 2cm/¾ " border all round. Sprinkle with ground almonds, and then with the crumbled feta cheese. Dampen the border with a little water and place remaining circles of pastry on top, pressing edges gently to seal.
6. Place stuffed pastry circles on top of the mushrooms and gently tuck the edges into the containers. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastry has puffed up and turned golden brown. Sauté remaining mushrooms in the rest of the butter.
7. To serve, carefully turn the tartlet containers over onto warmed plates (so the pastry is at the bottom). Remove the containers and gently pull away the foil. Spoon over extra mushrooms and serve with mixed vegetables.